Summer-Start (mid-June): priority application deadline April 1
Spring-Start (mid-January): priority application deadline November 1
- Personal Statement
- Submit a 2-3 page (double-spaced) personal statement online or in hard copy. Statement should addresses the following types of questions:
- Why are you pursuing teaching as a vocation? In what ways do your reasons reflect your personal values?
- What special gifts (intellectual, linguistic, physical and spiritual) or special interests or experiences (athletics, art or music, travel or volunteer work) do you bring with you to the challenge of teaching?
- Because previous experience in working with children or youth is one of the criteria for admission to the CGU's Teacher Education Program, please describe in detail your experiences working with youth. In particular, please describe any classroom experience you have had in public or private schools.
- What do you believe needs to be done in today's schools that you are personally committed to addressing in your classroom work?
- Please describe the role that the principles of academic excellence, social justice and integrity have played in your own life and how you would encourage the development of these principles in your classroom.
- Copies of CBEST and CSET Scores and/or Registrations Candidates need to have registered for both the CBEST and CSET prior to applying to CGU's Teacher Education Program. It is in your very best interest to pass these tests early (i.e., by the start of your first summer at CGU).
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Current Resume. Submit online or in hard copy.
- Transcripts. You can submit unofficial transcripts as a placeholder while official ones are being processed. Please provide transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate schools you have attended.
Questions? Contact Lisa Loop at 909/621-8076 or at Lisa.Loop@cgu.edu.