Need a little help getting to that next level in your career?
At Claremont Graduate University, we offer a unique certificate that brings the resources of three of our schools together to create a rigorous program geared toward helping you successfully reach your full potential in the community college arena. Our new Community College Professional Leadership Certificate Program is a six-month online program created for community college professionals which provides an immediately applicable skill set for increasing daily, operational effectiveness and graduate-level study with the opportunity to earn Claremont Graduate University credits.
How will this program benefit you?
- A targeted curriculum which gives you practical tools to increase your effectiveness, created specifically for the community college professional
- Accelerated completion: three modules of six weeks each, over six months, with two classes per session
- Online content delivery: freedom to do course work on your schedule
- Courses uniquely designed by CGU faculty and community college practitioners
- Opportunity to earn six academic units of graduate credit in addition to twelve continuing education units
Reap the benefits of a multi-disciplined faculty!
Three Schools at Claremont Graduate University have joined forces to offer this unique program:
- School of Educational Studies (SES)
A top California school for Education, SES offers both a Teacher Education Program and multiple PhD and masters degrees in Education with emphases in: teaching, learning, and culture; education policy, evaluation, and reform; higher education/student affairs; and urban educational leadership.
- Peter F. Drucker & Masatoshi Ito Graduate School of Management
One of California's prime business programs, the Drucker School is built upon the principle of management as a liberal art. It produces graduates who have a strong sense of social responsibility and a deep desire to make a difference by doing well while also doing good.
- School of Behavioral and Organizational Sciences (SBOS)
A leader in providing graduate education in applied psychological science, SBOS prepares students to meet the challenges of an increasingly diverse and global community. Alumni hold major positions at colleges and universities and in business, government, health care, community settings, research institutes, and think tanks.
For more information about the CGU Community College Professional Leadership Certificate Program (CCPLC), contact Betty Disney at 909-744-4681.
About Claremont Graduate University (CGU)
Founded in 1925, CGU is one of the country’s top graduate universities. Our five academic schools conduct leading-edge research and award masters and doctoral degrees in 24 disciplines. Because the world’s problems are not simple nor easily defined, faculty and students engage in research and study that cross traditional disciplinary boundaries to create new and practical solutions that address major global issues. Located 35 miles east of Downtown Los Angeles, CGU is part of The Claremont Colleges, a liberal arts consortium that includes Pomona, Scripps, Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna and Pitzer colleges, plus the Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences, and Claremont Graduate University.