President’s Diversity Council
Schedule of Meetings and Agenda
February 27, 12-2 p.m.
- President’s Welcome
- CGU’s commitment to Diversity
- Charge and Goals of the PDC
- WASC Commission Action Letter
- Diversity Data
- Review of School Diversity Plans
- Setting goals and timelines
April 4, 12-2 p.m.
- President’s Welcome and Introduction
Additional participants for today’s session from The Claremont Colleges
- Revisiting Council’s Charge and Goals (Patricia)
Role and scope of work – open for comment
- Timeline: Process around Guidelines (Patricia and Alana)
Progression of events through Spring 2014 – open for comment
- Update on Progress from the last meeting
Data processing work, Diversity Guideline created – open for comment
- Focus on Student Support
Review of Diversity Guidelines& Questions about CGU, Consortia, and Higher Education Programming and Structure – Break-out Group Discussion and Critique
15 Minutes: Guidelines / 60 Minutes: Discussion Questions
- Reporting Out
Highlight most interesting findings from small groups, large group comments
May 22, 9-10 a.m.:
1. Student Centeredness & Success
- Review of successful programs/eventsacross the Claremont campuses including existing student centers.Looking at CGU resources, how can we learn from and model these? Are there new and emerging demands for diversity-specific resource centers at CGU? What student needs are we not meeting and how might we meet them?
- What other efforts can be crystalized and put in place to help students find resources? What events should be scheduled now for next year? How can undergrads/grad students be connected in meaningful ways? What ways do we need to put in place to better measure graduate needs/interests (focus groups, CUC staff ideas).
June 26, 9-10 a.m.:
2. Communication &Website Integration
- Discussion of CGU Diversity statement and plan; dissemination
- What information should be included on the CGU webpage to make the resources at the undergrad centers more inviting for graduate students? Better mapping? In every Bugle as a resource?
July 24, 9-10 a.m.:
3. Resource Book and New Student Orientation
- Revisit some of our success with new student orientation (Fall 2012): What went well with Alfie’s resource book? With the resource tables? How can this be improved? Help CUC leaders know who to contact at CGU for questions/events. Create a plan to contact students after matriculation and before they arrive to enable them to get more info from CGU resources (portal? Qualtrics?)
August 28, 9-10 a.m.:
4. Cancelled due to start of academic year.
Fall 2013 Schedule
Wednesday, Sept. 25, 9 AM
Wednesday, Oct. 30, 9 AM
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 11 AM