Survey of Earned Doctorates
Claremont Graduate University (CGU) participates in the national Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED), which is sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and five other federal agencies.
Each year, the SED compiles information such as educational histories, funding sources, and post-doctoral plans of approximately 50,000 new research doctoral graduates from U.S. institutions. The data in the Doctorate Records File (DRF) is then used for a variety of purposes that benefit educational programming and funding, labor market analytics, and industry and professional market forecasting.
The SED has been collecting information since the 1920's. For additional information, go to the SED website at www.sedsurvey.org.
All CGU doctoral graduates are encouraged to complete the SED
as part of their degree completion process.
- Any time after submitting your Intent to Receive a Degree to CGU.
- But no later than 60 days following your degree conferral.
- To ensure you and CGU are represented in the national survey results.
- CGU is notified when each graduate submits a survey.
- Graduates who do not submit a survey are contacted direct by the NSF.
- For more information about the SED, go to www.sedsurvey.org.
- About CGU's participation, contact the Registrar's Office by e-mail or (909) 621-8285.