Department fellowships, stipends, and assistantships
Department fellowships, stipends, and assistantships are awarded to selected students on the recommendation of individual academic departments based on merit and need.
- The amount of your fellowship is recommended by your department.
- Fellowships are based on enrollment in 12-16 units per semester. Should you register for less than the required units, your award will be adjusted accordingly each semester. (Please check with your department to confirm enrollment requirements)
- Fellowships are awarded in the form of tuition reduction. Once you are registered, your student account will be credited for the amount of your specific fellowship and you will be billed for the difference, if applicable.
- Fellowships are credited to the student account at the end of the add/drop period of each semester.
- Fellowships may be automatically renewed provided you meet academic requirements and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA. (Check with your department for specific details)
- Fellowships cover tuition cost and terminate once you complete all required coursework.
- Fellowships do not cover Continuous Registration or Doctoral Study, CGU Student or Technology Fees.
FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS:
If you would like to apply for a department fellowship, the form is included in the application for admission or you may contact your department directly.