Chief Information Officer
For 24x7 assistance, please call toll free (800) 630-8893 or (909) 621-8174 if off campus or x18174 if on campus. If your needs are not pressing, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for response the next business day.
The Academic Computing team develops and supports ongoing University-wide academic technology initiatives, including online teaching and learning, Social Media (Web 2.0) technologies, mobile computing technologies, and emerging technologies for learning. The staff act as consultants to faculty about any aspect of technology use in the learning environments - classroom or online.
Greg Mefferd, Web Administrator (email)
- CGU web administration and development
- Web content management system
- Advise departmental web content management staff
Sunny Chau, Instructional Technology Consultant (email@example.com)
- Sakai setup, training, and support
- CGU technology tools training and support
- Support the student IT attendants
Administrative Computing Services supports the University’s administrative systems and databases. CGU currently relies on PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.0 and Millennium 7.6. The Administrative Computing staff works closely with the users from various student affairs departments as well as academic departments to ensure that reports, new programs and additional features are developed to advance CGU’s goals.
If you are experiencing any difficulties with these systems please contact the CGU Help Desk at (909) 621-8174.
Manoj Chitre, Director Administrative Computing Services (Manoj.Chitre@cgu.edu)
Rao Amanchi, Sr. Programmer/Analyst (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PeopleSoft, Millennium, and ancillary systems' technical development
- Technical systems integration with other CGU systems
Stuart Fermenick, Database Administrator (email@example.com)
Jorge Lomeli, Enterprise Analyst (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CGU administrative server management
- PeopleSoft, Millennium systems technical architect
- Database administration of CGU-wide database infrastructure
Chris Palmer, User Liaison, (email@example.com)
- Peoplesoft and Millennium requirements gathering and analysis, security, training, administration and delivery to users
- Liaison between Administrative Computing and end user community
Desktop Services supports faculty, staff and students with all their end user technology, encompassing their university owned desktops, laptops and peripheral devices and all associated end user software. Desktops Services is also the first point contact after of Help Desk and AV for other user technology needs including support for the general computing labs, the technology in the classrooms, and other technologies.
Michael Thomas, Media Technology Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ken Jennings, Technology Purchasing and Service Coordinator (email@example.com)
Nataliya Alvarez, Technical Support Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alda Chebeir, Technical Support Specialist (email@example.com)
Luke Olfman, Technical Support Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Daniel Stewart, Technical Support Specialist (email@example.com)
Technical Services provides the backbone for computing at CGU by managing and maintaining our cable plant, network infrastructure, servers and network operating systems, desktop computing systems, and wireless access points. We provide and manage e-mail, file storage, backup/recovery systems among other technical areas to support the user community.
Thomas Gandara, Network Systems Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maintain CGU servers and network hardware
- Maintain connectivity to consortium internet
- Ensure network services for all student, faculty, and staff