As indicated in the application, please compose a statement of approximately five pages, typed and double spaced, addressing the questions below in whatever order you wish.
1. Why are you pursuing teaching as a vocation? In what ways do your reasons reflect your personal values?
2. What special gifts (intellectual, linguistic, physical and spiritual) or special interests or experiences (athletics, art or music, travel or volunteer work) do you bring with you to the challenge of teaching?
3. Because previous experience in working with children or youth is one of the criteria for admission to the internship program, please describe in detail your experiences in this area to help us to assess your suitability as a candidate for the internship. In particular, please describe any classroom experience you have had in public or private schools.
4. What do you believe needs to be done in today’s schools that you are personally committed to addressing in your classroom work?
5. Please describe the role that the principles of academic excellence, social justice and integrity have played in your own life and how you would encourage the development of these principles in your classroom.