Jenny Darroch is on the faculty at the Peter F. Drucker School and Masatoshi Ito Graduate School of Management where she teaches marketing strategy to MBA and Executive MBA students. Because Jenny teaches only post-experience students she is adept at drawing from research and theory in order to solve practical marketing problems in a common sense no-nonsense way.
Jenny is a thought leader in marketing strategy with a special emphasis on marketing strategies that generate growth. She advises, coaches, teaches and challenges managers and Board members who want to have their marketing strategies revisited, questioned and affirmed.
An accomplished author, Jenny combines her interest in marketing, entrepreneurship and innovation in her research program. She has a new book that will be pre-released during Drucker Week (and then released internationally on January 5th) called "Marketing Through Turbulent Times" in which she outlines the Problems-Solutions framework as a way of generating growth through innovation.
Her publications have appeared in leading journals such as the European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Business Ethics and the Journal of Small Business Management. She recently co-edited (with George Day and Stan Slater) a Special Issue of the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science: A Tribute to Peter Drucker in 2009.
Jenny is an experienced speaker and has spoken at many events ranging from international conferences through to small local chapter or company meetings. She is available to speak on Marketing Through Turbulent Times and Marketing Strategies for Growth.
Huffington Post: Jenny writes regularly for the Huffington Post on marketing in a recession/during turbulent times and marketing strategies for growth. See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/Jenny-Darroch and feel free to leave comments.
Jenny is available to speak on a range of marketing topics including:
- Marketing Through Turbulent Times
- Marketing Strategies For Growth
- Strategic Brand Management
- Why Social Media Matters
- The Drucker Difference: Drucker on Marketing
Recent interviews and keynote addresses
- 06/08: Marketing through turbulent times - half day course for UCSD Executive Education Extension Program
- 11/08 and 11/09: Marketing research for the biotechnology industry - 2 day course for Keck Graduate Institute
- 6/09: Marketing through turbulent times - keynote address to the Business Marketing Association in Newport Beach, CA
- 6/09: Marketing through turbulent times - keynote address to the American Marketing Association Inland Empire Chapter, CA.
- 09/08 and 04/09: Strategic brand management - half day course for Pulmuone and Fujitsu USA.
- 03/10: Drucker on Innovation - address to the Vista Chamber of Commerce, San Diego.
The Drucker Difference - three hour presenatation on Drucker and Marketing. Given to MBA and Executive MBA students, Fujitsu USA and Japan Tourism Group.
KTIE 590AM, BYOB (Be Your Own Brand) Show, KSPA 1510AM
Wall Street Journal and Reuters
Regular contributor to the Huffington Post. Blog picked up by many other sites, e.g., Newsweek
Executive Education Courses for Panda Restaurant Group, Pulmuone, and Fujitsu USA
Join Jenny on her LinkedIn network