International J-1 Scholars

In order to be a J-1 Scholar at the Claremont Colleges, you must be invited by a department to conduct research or teach as a visiting professor. 

Upon your invitation, please submit a J-1 Scholars Request for DS-2019 (form #I-12). If your stay will not be financed by the Claremont Colleges you will also need to submit proof of financial capability with your request form. Please feel free to initally scan or fax these documents to the International Staff in addition to mailing the originals at a later point. Once you receive your DS-2019 immigration form you may apply for your J-1 visa at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your home country. 

Upon arrival to the Claremont Colleges, please check in with the International Staff and bring the following items:

•Copy of your stamped DS-2019, passport (including the issuing page and/or the extension), visa, and I-94 card (small white card containing your admission number, both sides).

•The address and phone number at which you will be staying while studying at CGU.

•A signed copy of the International Scholar Requirements for SEVIS (form #I-6).

•Proof of health insurance (for you and all of your dependents)

2014 Claremont Graduate University 150 E. 10th St., Claremont, CA 91711 (909) 621-8000 Campus Safety Emergency Info Campus Map/Directions Give us feedback