In this immersive, interactive five-day program organized by The Drucker School of Management at Claremont Graduate University, Drucker Senior Fellow Matt Pillar, a Harvard-trained China business expert, and a selected group of other highly experienced, well-regarded China experts present real-world observations on how to navigate this complex, fast-growing market and establish a platform for lasting success.
A Unique Learning and Networking Experience
The China Learning Expedition will engage participants in a review of cultural sensitivities, business customs, and the current economic environment, and then focus on a wide range of proven, time-tested business strategies and tactics to mitigate risk and build for success. Includes Gold Pass access to Mobile Asia Expo 2014 provided by our industry partner, the GSMA.
- Focused, practical, and well-paced seminar lectures
- Engaging, interactive group discussions
- Q&A sessions with a wide range of China market experts
- Great networking opportunities with other senior executives throughout the five-day program
- Exclusive VIP access to the largest, annual mobile industry conference in Asia (20,500+ attendees from 1,500+ global companies in 2013)
Participants, joining a group of senior-level executives across multiple industries, will leave the program equipped with the confidence and basic knowledge necessary to better develop or refine an effective China market strategy for their own enterprise. The Drucker School will award a certificate of acknowledgment in China Business Strategy and class photo to each participant upon successful completion of the program.
- Matt Pillar, Program Leader. Drucker Senior Fellow. Founder and Managing Director, Fire Dragon Enterprises. Entrepreneur, investor, strategic advisor. Learn more here and here.
- Rafael Suarez, Senior Lecturer. Executive Director – Corporate Strategy and Education at The Drucker School. Former senior consultant at Monitor Group (100+ engagements). Learn more here.
- Bill Bishop, Guest Speaker. Founder, Sinocism China Newsletter (18,000 subscribers). Digital media entrepreneur, advisor, investor; also known as “the China watcher’s China watcher.” Learn more
- Jeremy Goldkorn, Guest Speaker. Founder, Editor-in-Chief at Danwei.com, a Financial Times company. Noted China media and marketing expert. Learn more here.
- T.R. Harrington, Guest Speaker. Founder, and Chief Executive Officer at Darwin Marketing, a leading SEO, SEM service provider in China. Learn more here.
- Steve Mushero, Guest Speaker. Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Technology Officer of ChinaNetCloud, a leading cloud computing service in China. Learn more here.
- Philip Qu, Guest Speaker. Founding Partner and Attorney at TransAsia Lawyers. Expert in China market law, licensing, regulations. Learn more here.
- Peter Schloss, Guest Speaker. Senior Partner at Phoenix TV Media Fund. Former Chief Counsel at STAR TV, TOM.com. Learn more here.
Travel, Schedule, and Cost
|Beijing, China (Days 1 and 2)
Date: Monday-Tuesday, June 9-10, 2014
|Shanghai, China (Days 3 through 5)
Date: Wednesday-Friday, June 11-13, 2014
|Special Inaugural Program Fee: USD$2,500 including tuition, course material, meals, and complementary Mobile Asia Expo Gold Pass (USD$1,500 value). This is a 50% discount off of the original program fee – significant savings in overhead costs for our first program now passed on to our inaugural class!
For a complete program overview, click here.
Pre-Registration is Required
For any questions or further information requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register, please complete and submit the one-page application form included with the program overview and confirm program fee payment at https://commerce.cashnet.com/ChinaLearningExpedition.
Discounted hotel accommodations are going fast. Please click here and book your room today.