Part F: Reflection: Lessons Learned
Part F of the Ethnography will be written in the Summer during TLP IV but will not be included in the bound copy.
Summer 2 in TLP IV – Summer 2’s focus: Reflections on lessons learned from practice and scholarship.
How can I make sense of my internship as a scholar practitioner?
1. Theory and Practice
- How can I use a theory to help me analyze / understand what happens in schools?
- do I see any theory “played out” in my experience or in the experience of my students?
- Do any of my experiences provide data that refutes or discredits a theory?
- How do I now understand schooling? Teaching and learning? (And what is informing this perspective?)
2. Your Experiences
- What did I learn from working with different kids and their families?
- What seemed to impact my teaching the most?
- What seemed to impact the student / teacher relationship the most? The family / teacher relationship? The school / teacher relationship?
- How did home visits inform my teaching?
3. Larger social / cultural / political / economic context and education
- How do larger social / cultural / political / economic issues impact my students, their families, and schools?
- What are trends in education? (And how will these trends impact teachers and their students?)
- What are dominant themes that relate to education and social change? How do you see these themes played out?
4. Vision and Personal Philosophy
- How does my school’s mission statement relate to what is done in my school?
- What is my own emerging vision/mission and how do I hold myself accountable to it?
- How do I foresee myself interfacing with CGU’s vision? What is my emerging understanding of social justice and accountability?
How can I analyze schools, teaching, and learning as a scholar practitioner?