Changes to Your Concentration Within Your Degree

Although it is not required, students may wish to have their area of concentration within their degree recorded* as part of their academic record. Only university-approved concentrations may be recorded on the student’s academic record.

*This concentration will not appear on your diploma; however it will print on your official transcripts once your degree has been posted.

  • Refer to the CGU Bulletin (catalog) at for approved concentrations. They are listed within the academic sections.

To Process the Request:

Students must complete and secure academic signatures on the following form and submit it to the Office of Admission and Records for processing prior to the start of the semester in which the change/new degree program is to take effect.
Click to download form:  Change of Concentration Form
Once the request has been approved, the student and the new academic department will receive a confirmation email.
Back to main page
revised: 08/08

2014 Claremont Graduate University 150 E. 10th St., Claremont, CA 91711 (909) 621-8000 Campus Safety Emergency Info Campus Map/Directions Give us feedback