Courses Offered in Mormon Studies
Courses in Mormon Studies include:
- The Mormon Theological Tradition: An investigation of the development of Mormon theology through the close examination of both its eminent and obscure thinkers and writers.
- Mormonism through Women’s Eyes: A close study of writings by Mormon women from Lucy Mack Smith to the present in an effort to understand what Mormonism has meant to women.
- The Mormon Experience: Sociological and Historical Perspectives: An introduction to Mormonism taught jointly by a sociologist, Armand Mauss, and an historian, Richard Bushman.
- The Life and Thought of Joseph Smith: An examination of the character and teachings of Joseph Smith in the context of his times.
- Contemporary Mormonism: What are the questions the Church has to address today? What is Mormon life like in the twenty-first century? What are the prospects for Mormonism? Special attention to Mormonism in Southern California.