4+1: ACCELERATED DEGREE PROGRAM (BA/MA)
For undergraduate students at the Claremont Colleges:
Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Pomona, Scripps, and Harvey Mudd.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The 4+1 Accelerated Degree Program (Bachelors/Masters) program offers significant benefits in obtaining a graduate degree on an accelerated track. Regardless of your career path, a graduate degree can open many doors and enhance professional options.
- Earn an MA, MS, or MBA degree in half the time
- Save a year of tuition (and a year of your life)
- Maintain continuity with faculty and research facilities
- Gain a competitive edge in the marketplace and increase your earning potential
- Financial Aid/Fellowship for the year of graduate study at CGU (upon eligibility)
- Fall Semester: Speak to both your faculty advisor and a CGU admissions advisor to ensure that all prerequisite and degree requirements can be met.
- By January: Complete and submit application to the CGU Admissions Office.
- Mid-March/Early April: Receive notification of admission decision from CGU.
- Mid-April/Early May: Pre-registration for fall semester begins. Look online for CGU course you want to take, then obtain instructor permission and register at your undergraduate campus in the same manner you register for your other classes.
- End of August: Begin taking courses at CGU.
- Early February: CGU Financial Aid applications are due. You may also be eligible for fellowship funds for the year of full-time study at CGU. Meet with a financial aid counselor and speak with your academic department to explore all funding options.
- Following Graduation: Summer or Fall semester: Begin full-time enrollment at CGU.
WHICH PROGRAMS QUALIFY?
Below is a list of all the academic programs you can apply through the 4+1 Program. Each program has individual requirements and procedures. Please click to email a program representative. They will be happy to answer all of your questions, give you a tour of campus, arrange a meeting with an academic department, or even arrange for you to attend a class or meet with a faculty member:
READY TO APPLY?
About the Application Process:
Remember, you should apply to the program in your Junior year so that you can begin coursework at CGU in your senior year. Applications are available through the CGU Office of Admission and Records, on the CGU website, as well as through the CGU academic departments. Click on this link to find out more about our admission process or download our application.
Note: Your application fee is waived because you are a student within the Claremont Consortium. Claremont McKenna students interested in the Robert A. Day 4+1 program (BA/MBA) should seek advisement from and turn in applications to the Robert A. Day Program, located in Bauer Hall.
We are happy to answer your questions, give you a tour of campus, arrange a meeting with an academic department, or even arrange for you to attend a class or meet with a faculty member.
- Request 4+1 Accelerated Degree (BA/MA) Information
- Search All Future Information Sessions
- Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at (909) 607-8779