The Federal Work-Study program (FWS) provides part-time employment opportunities for eligible students. Work-Study students are limited to a maximum of 30 hours per week. Exceptions to this rule include the Fall and Spring breaks at which time students may work up to forty hours per week. In order to be considered for FWS, you must complete your FAFSA by the March 2nd priority date.
• Time-sheets may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office.
• Paychecks will be delivered to students according to the FWS time-sheet schedule.
• Time-sheets must be completed with the total hours worked before they are submitted to the supervisor.
• Paychecks are normally delivered to the student's program for distribution although other arrangements may be made with the department.
• The student/employee copy should be retained by the student for his/her records.
• Any problems with paycheck errors should be directed to the Payroll Office in the Human Resources Department.
• Timesheets that are submitted late will be held for the next payroll.
• Payroll checks can not be mailed directly from the Payroll department. You need to make arrangements with your department for this service.
• Time-sheets need to be turned in by Thursday at noon the week that they are due.
• Direct deposit is not available for FWS paychecks.
• Time-sheets are due in the Financial Aid Office according to the federal work-study payroll schedule.