- Fourteen (up to 14) McNair Scholars are selected per cohort.
- Scholars receive a $2,100 stipend (each). Stipends are disbursed as Scholars achieve specific milestones in their individualized educational plan.
- Scholars enroll in a summer module and complete ten (10) units of graduate credit. Graduate courses may include, but are not limited to the following: Research Methodology, Writing, Cultural Analysis, and Political Theory
- Scholars enjoy six (6) weeks of housing and meals at the Claremont Colleges. Scholars receive a tuition waiver valued at $14,650 for enrollment in the summer module courses.
- Scholars receive assistance defining goals and developing educational plans to achieve them.
- Scholars attend seminars on research skills, the graduate school application process, preparation for the Graduate Record Examination and others.
- Scholars are paired with a faculty mentor from the Claremont Colleges or from their home institution and together work on research in their field of interest.
- Scholars become involved in cultural activities, graduate school visits, national conferences and more.
- Scholars systematically, through the program, interact with McNair alumni and other models who have completed graduate degrees.
- Scholars receive on-going support services throughout the remainder of their undergraduate education and through their graduate program(s).
- Students served by the program must meet federal guidelines: first-generation college student, low-income and/or be underrepresented in graduate education.
For more information, visit our website at www.cgu.edu/mcnair