A. Mission Statement
The Writing Center is committed to fostering an intellectually stimulating and supportive environment for CGU students, staff, and faculty during all phases of the writing process. We seek to augment the graduate experience by offering student-centered programs that encourage collaboration, communication, and education.
The Writing Center’s purpose is fivefold:
· to provide friendly, supportive, collegial and process-oriented assistance with writing and presentations to all members of the CGU community;
· to assist international students with English language learning and to assist all CGU students with academic and professional discourse at every stage of the process;
· to facilitate workshops and presentations for the community at large and specific departments;
· to support the professional development of writing center consultants; and
· to teach a variety of writing courses.