Registration for the Fall term begins on Monday, April 12, and runs through Friday, August 6. After August 6, you will still be able to access your on-line registration, but you will be assessed a $160 late registration fee. No approvals are needed to register (except where explicitly noted). All students registering for courses should meet with their advisor to discuss any courses they are planning to take. Logon to the Peoplesoft portal with your identification. Changes to registration can be made through August 6 — after that forms need to come to the office.
Effective with the Summer 2010 registration period, three important changes go into effect.
- Enrollment in 5C Courses: To enroll in a 5C course, use the Registration Form for Courses Offered at the 5C, available on the “Register for Classes” page of the Registrar’s website (www.cgu.edu). Except for those courses already listed in the CGU Schedule of Classes, 5C courses must be reviewed and approved by your department before graduate credit can be assigned.
- Independent Study: To enroll in an independent study activity, you must follow the procedure and complete the form provided at the “Register for Independent Study” link on the Registrar’s webpage (www.cgu.edu/registrar). You are no longer able to enroll online or through your department. To avoid late fees, you must submit your enrollment form to the Registrar’s Office no later than the Add/Drop date for the applicable semester.
- Textbook Information: You will now be able to access textbook information for all courses by clicking the Textbook link following the title of the course in the online Schedule. The information provided in this window is compiled from instructor submissions to the Huntley Bookstore. To close the window, click on the white X in the top right hand corner of the window or click in any space outside the pop-up window.
For those who are unfamiliar with the registration process, here are the important steps that you should be aware of:
- Review the current CGU registration information.
- Review the religion course listing/schedule.
- Login to the student portal at my.cgu.edu, and click on the 'Online Registration' link.
- Follow the instructions, fill out the online registration form to complete and submit, and you will be registered.
- Make sure you check your enrollment summary or your academic record to confirm you registered correctly.
The School of Religion secretary will no longer register continuing students for courses. Only new students will be registered by the office for their first semester. You will be able to change your registration up to the add/drop date of Monday, September 13, 2010. After September 13, any changes will have to be submitted through School of Religion office.
It will be up to you to take care of holds that prevent you from registering — these could be time extension, academic probation, student account, etc. All forms are located on the Student Affairs website. You should receive a prompt indicating the hold on the registration form — it is a red circle with a line through it. Click on the circle and you will see your hold and its status.
It will also be up to you to meet with your advisor to have your schedule approved. The spring schedule should be available no later than October 30th. Try to schedule a meeting with your advisor in the month of November and before you register online. If you register for courses that your advisor does not approve, a hold will be placed on your next registration.