Oxford Course ~ MGT 401 Doing Business in Europe
| Oxford Course ("Doing Business in Europe") is held in the summer semester at Oxford University in the United Kingdom and is taught by Drucker faculty members Professor Jenny Darroch and Professor Emile Pilafidis. This year's course will meet from Saturday, August 18 - Saturday, August 25, 2012.
The course focuses on formulating and implementing global strategies in the context of evolving social, legal, political and trade environments, in the dramatically changing global marketplace. The program includes guest lectures, field trips to local companies, and a variety of cultural and social events.
2012 Course Details
We are pleased to confirm the final program fee at $2,500 if you have your own ensuite or $2,400 if you share an ensuite (we had earlier indicated a tentative fee of $2,900). This is in addition to tuition and your travel costs to and from Oxford.
Saturday August 18 - Saturday August 25.
We stay at the beautiful Magdalen College in Oxford
- The Program fee is set $2,500 if you have your own ensuite or $2,400 if you share an ensuite. This covers room and board while at Oxford plus the cost of speakers any field trips we will take while there.
- Tuition (4 units)
- You are responsible for travel to and from Oxford
The course always focuses on "Doing Business in Europe". The topics for which we are trying to secure speakers include the following:
- The Current Macro European context – especially the financial markets/banks; the Euro and its future.
- How Businesses Interface with Society – strategic challenges.
- Live case studies about how businesses respond to Europe 2012, e.g., with respect to the financial situation. We hope to get a speaker to talk about London 2012.
- Live case studies about managing a Business in Europe – for example, managing a multicultural workforce, manufacturing challenges, international branding challenges.