Registration & Enrollment Processing - For Internal Use Only
Completion of the Form
- Instructor Name - Please provide first and last name of the instructor.
- Grading Basis - Indicate grade or S/U.
- Statement of Learning Outcomes Options - Learning goals may be written by the student or by the instructor. A syllabus of readings or activities may be provided.
Completed and approved forms should be forwarded to the Registrar's Office. Be sure to verify that the student does not have service indicators that would prevent processing of the enrollment. To avoid late fees, forms should be submitted so that processing can be completed prior to the Add/Drop deadline.
||CGU Registration Form for Courses Offered at the 5C
||Students use this form to enroll in 5C courses that have not been reviewed and listed on the CGU Scjedule of Classes.
||To the Registrar's Office by the Add/Drop deadline for the semester or module of enrollment.
Completion of the Form
- Campus - The campus offering the course must be specified. Use CMC for Claremont McKenna, HM for Harvey Mudd, PO for Pomona, PZ for Pitzer, and SC for Scripps.
- Subject, Catalog No, Sect - Use the same subject, catalog number, and section number as it appears in the 5C Schedule of Classes.
- Units - Provide the number of units at which the course is being offered.
- Audit - Check the box if the course is being audited.
- Mod and Class No - Complete if applicable. See procedure below for Class No.
Process the form immediately so that registration and unit information will be available for enrollment verification and financial aid purposes.
- Review the Registration Form for completeness. 5C policy requires graduate students to obtain instructor permission before enrolling in a 5C course.
- Conduct your due diligence regarding the course. You may request a syllabus and/or other indication that the student will perform graduate level work. If satisfied that the course meets graduate level standards, sign the form where requested.
- Courses that you approve for graduate credit will be listed on the student's transcript with the original 5C course number and an indication of credit given. Courses that are not approved will be displayed with the 5C course number, but with 0 units of credit.
Enroll the student in the Pending Class. Use the Enrollment Request screen to verify if the course is already coded and available for enrollment. Click the magnifying glass next to Class Number field. In the Search Criteria window, enter the Subject and Course Catalog Number. Be sure to convert the course number to 200 level to determine if the course is already coded. If the course has been coded, enroll the student. If the course has not been coded, use the UNIV (University) class section, known as the Pending Class, to enroll the student.
- Use UNIV in the Course Subject field and 999 in the Course Number field to obtain the Class Number for the semester.
- Use the pending class number only once per student. If the student is enrolling in more than one section, enter the total units to enroll the student.
- Be sure to enter units for the student enrollment.
- Change the grading basis to audit if applicable.
- Verify that the student does not have service indicators that would prevent processing of the enrollment form. Service indicators must be addressed prior to submitting the form.
- Submit the completed form to the Registrar's Office so that enrollment can be completed. To avoid late fees, forms should be submitted so that processing can be completed prior to the Add/Drop deadline.
The Registrar's Office uses the following guidelines in processing requests for enrollment in 5C courses.
5C courses that are reviewed by departments and added to the CGU Schedule of Classes are assigned a 200-level number. There is no change in this policy.
Enrollment in 5C courses that were not added to the CGU Schedule of Classes are handled on a case by case basis.
- Courses with a 5C course number less than 100 are added to the student's transcript with the 5C course number and the number of units approved.
- Courses with a 5C course number over 100 that exist in the CGU system as the result of a previous approval are recorded with the 200-level course number. Newly approved 5C courses in the 100-range are assigned a 200-level course number.
- Courses with a 5C course number over 100 that are not approved for credit are recorded on the student's transcript with the 100-level course number.
The assignment of credit for 5C courses cannot be changed after the last work day of the semester in which the student was enrolled in the course.
The same process as enrollment in 5C courses not listed in the CGU Schedule of Classes, above, applies, although students use the CGU Registration Form for Courses Offered at CST.
The Alumni Registering for Classes page provides information for alumni seeking to enroll in courses after completing a degree program at CGU. If alumni enrollment is approved, the Alumni Office should be notified.
||Registration Correction/Adjustment Request
||Departments use this form to request that corrections and/or adjustments be made to a student's record of registration and enrollment activity.
||The last day to submit changes for any semester is the last work day of the semester. This date is announced in the Academic Calendar.
You may attach e-mail consents where a signature on a form is not readily available.
Processing delays that incur late fees must be explained because they may affect campus revenue streams and student census numbers. Delays due to department staff being unavailable or forgetting to process forms are unacceptable.
Return to the Registrar's Internal Department Website.