Dr. Reichard is an Assistant Professor in the School of Behavioral and Organizational Sciences at Claremont Graduate University. She received her doctorate in Management from the Gallup Leadership Institute at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. She received a M.S. in industrial/organizational psychology from Missouri State University and a B.S. in psychology from Missouri Western State University where she was also inducted into the 2007 Athletic Hall of Fame for her career playing women’s basketball.
• Reichard, R.J., *Serrano, S.A., *Condren, M., *Wilder, N., *Dollwet, M., & *Wang, W. (in press). Engagement in cultural trigger events in the development of cultural competence. Academy of Management Learning & Education.
• Reichard, R.J., *Dollwet, M., & Louw-Potgieter, J. (2014). Development of cross-cultural psychological capital and its relationship with cultural intelligence and ethnocentrism. Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies, 21(2), 150-164.
• *Dollwet, M. & Reichard, R.J. (in press). Assessing cross-cultural skills: Validation of a new measure of cross-cultural psychological capital. International Journal of Human Resource Management.
• Reichard, R.J., Avey, J.A., Lopez, S.J., & *Dollwet, M. (2013). Having the will and finding the way: A review and meta-analysis of hope at work. Journal of Positive Psychology, 8(4), 292-304.
• Avey, J.B., Reichard, R.J., & Luthans, F., & Mhatre, K. (2011). A review, synthesis and meta-analysis of positive psychological capital. Human Resource Development Journal, 22(2), 127-152.
• *Serrano, S.A., & Reichard, R.J. (2011). Leadership strategies for an engaged workforce. Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research, 63(3), 176-189.
• Wefald, A.J., Reichard, R.J., *Serrano, S. (2011). Fitting engagement into a nomological network: The relationship of engagement to leadership and personality. Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies, 18(4), 522-537.
• Reichard, R.J., *Serrano, S.A., & Wefald, A.J. (2012). Engaging followers at a distance: Leadership approaches that work. In Bligh, M.C., & Riggio, R. (Eds.). When Near is Far and Far is Near: Exploring Distance in Leader-Follower Relationships. New York: Taylor & Francis.
• Riggio, R. E. & Reichard, R. J. (2008). The emotional and social intelligence of effective leadership. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 23(2), 169-185. [Top 20 article by immediacy and Top 20 article of 2009 and Top 20 article of 2008]
• Reichard, R.J. & Riggio, R. E. (2008). An interactive, process model of emotions and leadership. Cary Cooper & Neal Ashkanasy (Eds). Research companion to emotion in organizations. Edward Elgar.