Exchange Students Registering for Classes


Exchange students are individuals who are currently enrolled in a degree program at another graduate institution and who wish to enroll at Claremont Graduate University for a semester of coursework.  Interested students should contact the department of interest direct.  Students from non-US institutions should also consult with the International Student Coordinator regarding Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) requirements.



Students must be currently enrolled at either a domestic or international institition to qualify for exchange student status.  An official transcript or enrollment verification must accompany the Exchange Student Registration Form

Individuals who are not currently enrolled at another institution should inquire about admission to CGU, either to one of the University's degree programs or as a non-degree seeking student (special status).  Procedures for visiting scholars, which is another status entirely, are provided to academic departments in the Institutional Handbook.


Enrollment in Coursework

Exchange students are not eligible for financial aid from CGU and must enroll in unit-earning courses.  Courses that are reserved for degree-seeking students at CGU, such as Continuous Registration and Doctoral Study, are not open to exchange students.


Links for Other Registration Information




Return to Register for Classes.



2014 Claremont Graduate University 150 E. 10th St., Claremont, CA 91711 (909) 621-8000 Campus Safety Emergency Info Campus Map/Directions Give us feedback