Changing Your Personal Information


Whenever your personal information changes, you must update your CGU records as soon as possible.  Some updates may be submitted through the student portal; however, others require documentation for verification of the information that you are asking us to change.

Alumni should update their contact information direct with the Alumni Office.  The Change of Name, Address, and/or Phone form may still be used for this purpose.


Name changes should be requested in person at the Registrar's Office.

  • Complete the Change of Name, Address, and/or Phone form.
  • Official documentation is required and may include court orders declaring your new name or a newly issued driver's license or passport with your photo and new name.
  • Be sure to specify the type of name you are changing--primary (legal) or preferred name.  Note that the legal name is the name used on transcripts and diplomas.  If you wish to designate a different version of your name for your diploma, you will be able to do so during the degree completion process.

If you are unable to submit your request in person, you may complete the form and submit with notarized copies of your documentation.  Send your request to the address at the top of the form.

E-mail addresses are not changed automatically.  Be sure to mark the checkbox on the form if you wish to change the name on your e-mail consistent with your name change request.


Address and Phone Information

Update your address and telephone information on the student portal.  As an alternative, you may use the Change of Name, Address, and/or Phone form. 

IMPORTANT Students who are also CGU employees must notify CGU Human Resources of any address changes.  This is to ensure accurate mailing of all employee and tax information.  You may use the Change of Name, Address, and/or Phone form to your update address and phone information.



Other Changes

Changes to other personally identifiable information must be made by writing to the Registrar's Office.  Depending upon the content to be changed, documentation or copies of notarized documentation may be required.

The Registrar's Office is required to ensure the historical accuracy of CGU's student records.  Therefore, certain records cannot be changed once you leave or graduate from CGU.  Contact the Registrar's Office if you have questions or other concerns.



Registrar's Office - or (909) 621-8245





2014 Claremont Graduate University 150 E. 10th St., Claremont, CA 91711 (909) 621-8000 Campus Safety Emergency Info Campus Map/Directions Give us feedback