Planning, Process, Practice:
A Course in Effective Strategies for Academic Writing
The Writing Center presents an eight-week workshop series that guides you through the academic writing process.
Wednesdays 1:00 - 4:00 pm
February: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
March: 6th, 13th, 27th
You will be able to work on your own paper from start to finish with guidance from Writing Center facilitators. By the end of the series, you will understand and have shaped your process as a writer and have developed skills that you can apply to all your academic research and writing.
- Understanding the pre-writing and writing process and optimal habits for effective writing
- Defining and delimiting your topic and scope
- Reading and note taking strategies to work with resources efficiently.
- Planning and organizing your writing
- Writing good introductions and thesis statements
- Structuring paragraphs for coherence and cohesion
- Revising structure and arguments
- Final revisions and polishing your writing
To register or for more information: Email: email@example.com or Call: 909.607.0012
A deposit of $50 is required by Monday, January 28th and will be returned at the end of the series to participants who attend 7 out of 8 workshops or if they cancel their reservation by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 29th.