Teacher Education Program
Member of the Claremont University Consortium. Claremont. California
Application Checklist: Introduction/Clear Program
For applicants who are not CGU Students or recent alumni who have graduated within the past 5 years.
- $80 Application Fee. Fee waived if the applicant is a CGU/Claremont College student, alumnus, staff, or faculty or if there is financial hardship.
- Core Application. For the Induction/Clear Program, applicants must use the paper application. Complete pages 3-6 + 8-11.
- 3 letters of reference. For the Induction/Clear Program, the letters should address your 1) academic competence; 2) expertise working with diverse populations, including individuals with special needs; 3) teaching performance; and 4) professionalism. Letters of Reference Forms should be submitted in signed and sealed envelopes.
- Current resume.
- Statement of Purpose/Writing Sample. A two to three page statement (typed, double spaced) addressing the following:
- Why are you pursuing this program? In what ways do your reasons reflect your personal values and professional goals?
- What special gifts (intellectual, linguistic, physical and spiritual) or special interests or experiences (athletics, art or music, travel or volunteer work) do you bring with you to the challenge of teaching/working with youth?
- Please describe in detail your experiences teaching/working with youth.
- What needs to be done in today’s schools that you are personally committed to addressing in your work with youth?
- Please describe the role that the principles of academic excellence, social justice and integrity have played in your own life and how you would encourage the development of these principles in your work.
- Teaching History Form. This is part of the paper application.
- Clinical Settings Form. This is part of the paper application.
- Financial Aid Form. This is part of the paper application.