Teacher Education Program
Member of the Claremont University Consortium. Claremont. California
Application Checklist: Autism Certificate
For applicants who are not CGU students or recent alumni who have graduated within the last 5 years
- $80 Application Fee. Fee waived if the applicant is a CGU/Claremont College student, alumnus, staff, or faculty or if there is financial hardship.
- Core Application. For the Autism Certificate, applicants must use the paper application. Complete pages 3-6 + 10-11.
- 3 letters of reference. For the Autism Certificate/Authorization Program, at least one should be from someone who is qualified to evaluate your academic ability and one should be from a professional reference. Letters of Reference Forms should be submitted in signed and sealed envelopes.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. If official transcripts are not immediately available, unofficial transcripts maybe submitted and then replaced by official transcripts at a later date.
- Current resume.
- Statement of Purpose/Writing Sample. A two to three page statement (typed, double spaced) addressing the following:
- Why are you pursuing this program? In what ways do your reasons reflect your personal values and professional goals?
- What special gifts (intellectual, linguistic, physical and spiritual) or special interests or experiences (athletics, art or music, travel or volunteer work) do you bring with you to the challenge of teaching/working with youth?
- Please describe in detail your experiences teaching/working with youth.
- What needs to be done in today's schools that you are personally committed to addressing in your work with youth?
- Please describe the role that the principles of academic excellence, social justice and integrity have played in your own life and how you would encourage the development of these principles in your work.
- Financial Aid Form. This is part of the paper application.