The Student Accounts Department submits requests for refunds each week. Refunds are only processed for accounts that have an actual (posted transactions) credit. We are unable to issue refund advances to students who have an account that reflects an anticipated forthcoming payment (e.g., company reimbursement, estimated loans, etc.).

Refunds take approximately 10 business days to process. However, ELECTRONIC REFUND DISBURSEMENTS are now available and the sooner you sign up, the faster the verification process can take place. This will reduce the wait time between requesting your refund and receiving those funds!

  • Refunds are calculated based on the date on which a completed Change in Registration Form is entered into the database by the studentís academic department.
  • Refunds are made on tuition only.
  • Fees are nonrefundable.
  • A $160 change fee is in effect for drops or adds after the second week of classes for full-semester courses and after the first week of classes for module courses. This fee will be assessed for each Change in Registration Form submitted after these deadlines.
  • In cases where a third party has paid an account on behalf of a student, the refund will be made directly to the third party. However, if the third party provides written authorization to the Student Accounts Office allowing the excess funds to be disbursed to the student, the refund will be given to the student after the initial add/drop period is completed.
  • Loan Refunds - Financial Aid Refunds (from student loans) will only be disbursed once all academic charges have been paid and credited to your account. Loan disbursements will not be authorized and credited to your account until the first week of each new semester.

In certain cases, federal refund requirements may supersede the institutional refund policy. Recent changes in the federal student aid refund policy require that a schedule be used to determine how much federal financial aid the student has earned at the time of withdrawal when a student withdraws on or before the 60 percent point in a period of enrollment. In general, the University must calculate the amount of federal financial aid the student did not earn and return those funds to the appropriate federal aid program. After the 60 percent point in the period of enrollment, no refund is applicable. Since the federal refund policy does not correspond to the institutional policy, it is recommended that students see a financial aid counselor in the Office of Student Financing before initiating the withdrawal process in order to determine any potential liability owed by the student to the University.

2014 Claremont Graduate University 150 E. 10th St., Claremont, CA 91711 (909) 621-8000 Campus Safety Emergency Info Campus Map/Driving Directions