Student Accounts - FAQs

The Student Accounts Office would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Claremont Graduate University and to share some information that we believe will be helpful as you progress through your graduate program.

Where are you located?

We are located at:
160 E. 10th Street
Harper Hall East
Claremont, CA 91711
(909)607-7285 (fax)

What are your hours of operation?

We are open Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

When will I receive my statement of account?

Students are encouraged to review their portal regularly and check for the most current information. Within 24 hours of registering for classes, your statement of account will be updated and available to view. In an effort to “go green” Student Accounts does not send out paper billing statements, please check your portal on a regular basis to get your most current financial information.

When do I pay my Tuition account balance?

Payment for all students—whether new or returning—is due by the first day of each respective semester.

How do I pay my account balance?

If you wish to pay in person, our office accepts checks, cash, money orders, cashier’s checks, and wire transfers.

What if I want to make an on-line payment?

Payment from your checking or savings account can be made via our payment Gateway at:
NOTE: There are no service charges for use of our on-line payment gateway.

Can I pay with a credit card?

Yes, payment is accepted by using Master Card, American Express, and Discover via our telephone system at (888)575-6271(We DO NOT accept VISA). Please be aware that the servicer charges a 2.65% service fee for use of the phone system.

Is there a payment plan available?

Yes, if you prefer to use a monthly payment plan, there is one available through Academic Management Services (AMS). There is a $65 enrollment fee. Your balance will be divided into 4 installments and payments are due to the servicer on the designated dates based on sign-up. You may enroll in the payment plan by visiting the student Accounts website at:

What if I have a company or sponsor supporting me?

You must submit a letter from your company/sponsor to the Student Accounts Office on or before the payment deadline. You may defer the amount covered by your sponsor or employer for up to 90 days after the last day of the semester. For example, if you qualify for this plan, your Spring 2014 payment is due on or before November 21, 2014. To qualify for this plan, you must submit a letter each semester on appropriate company/sponsor letterhead and an authorized member of the company/sponsor (other than yourself) must sign it. The letter must contain information about the amount (dollar value and/or percentage) of coverage as well as the date/semester of coverage. Please keep in mind that you may only defer the amount covered by your third party. Payments not covered by your third party are due in full no later than the original payment deadline, or you may sign up with AMS to make monthly payments on your outstanding balance.

Should you receive an incomplete grade, payment is still due and payable no later than 90 days past the last day of the semester. No extensions can be made beyond the 90 days. There is no additional cost to use our company/sponsor deferred payment plan. Please be sure to notify this office; if you change employers, are no longer covered by your sponsor, or if you add or drop a class after the add/drop deadline has passed. For more detailed information, please refer to our website at:

When can I expect to receive my refund?

Student Accounts will begin processing refunds the first week of the semester. Please allow a minimum of 5-10 days AFTER your funds are applied to your account to receive your refund. Refunds are not available for pick-up. If you would like to receive your refund directly into your bank account go to the go to the student accounts website at: and select “Direct Deposit (Sign up). You will need to log in, or create a new user name and password, select an option, and enter your banking information. This is a much faster and more secure way to receive your refund. If you do not select an option, you will receive the refund in the traditional “paper check”. Checks are mailed to your address on record, so make sure that your correct information is updated in your student portal.

For additional information you can also visit our website at or if you prefer, please feel free to stop by our office or you can contact us at or call us at (909) 607-2613; or fax us, at (909) 607-7285.

2014 Claremont Graduate University 150 E. 10th St., Claremont, CA 91711 (909) 621-8000 Campus Safety Emergency Info Campus Map/Directions Give us feedback