Walt Johnson, M.D., M.P.H.
Dr. Walt Johnson, is a board certified Neurological Surgeon and Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery at Loma Linda University School of Medicine, his alma mater. He recently completed a Master’s in Public Health degree at the School of Community and Global Health at CGU and holds an EMBA degree from the Drucker School at CGU.
Dr. Johnson was born and raised primarily in the Far East and continues to work internationally, most recently with the WHO on Emergency and Essential Surgical Care. His primary interests include building global surgical capacity, healthcare disparities and issues surrounding persons with disabilities. His work as a clinical neuroscientist and his international experience bring unique qualities to the SCGH. He also serves on several nonprofit boards, including Uncommon Good in Claremont, Angel View Crippled Children’s Foundation in Desert Hot Springs, Association of International Medical Services in Loma Linda, and the Montessori in Redlands school.
Current Academic Interests
- Global burden of surgical disease
- Surgery as a global health issue
- Medical and Surgical training in developing countries
- Health care policy and economic development
- Claremont Graduate University, MPH, 2012
- Claremont Graduate University, EMBA, 2010
- Loma Linda University, M.D., 1983