BECOME A TEACHER IN 15 MONTHS
Why Teacher Ed at Claremont Graduate University?
- 75% of our graduates teach full-time within 1st year of graduation
- $15,000 average in Fellowships and Awards
- Over 100 partnerships with Southern California school districts provide internship opportunities
Become a teacher in 15 months
You can simultaneously earn your teaching credential and Master's of Arts degree in approximately 15 months (36-38 semester units). When you enroll in our program, you take your place in a cohort, a set group of classmates who work through the curriculum together. Our internship model allows you to work as a paid teacher in an urban public school, giving you essential real-world experience as you simultaneously fulfill both California's teacher credentialing requirements and CGU's institutional requirements.
An array of credentials and possibilities
Whether you'd like to work teaching a specific subject, multiple-subjects, special education, English, math, social studies, or being a bilingual teacher, CGU has all the credentials you need. We prepare you to work in elementary, middle, or high school settings. Check out our entire list of programs and credentials.
Alumni in action
Graduates from our program go on to win outstanding teaching awards and to earn advanced positions of leadership in their school districts. Check out our alumni stories.
Join a diverse community of award-winning teachers
We encourage you to learn more about our program and the application process by contacting us:
- Call us at (909) 607-7811
- Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- RSVP to an Information Session
- Request Program Information