The Master of Science in Applied Data Science & International Studies (MSADS) program trains you in strategic analysis, leveraging CGU’s world-class expertise and scholarship in the latest computational, behavioral, visualization, and data-driven decision-making techniques for both public and private sectors.
MSADS students are exposed to various social science theories, domains, process, and methods knowledge to help them understand and predict human uncertainty across politics, economics, and business behaviors. You will gain a distinct competitive advantage in your professional career through understanding and using these political, economic, statistical, big data, and data analytics tools to solve public and private sector problems. Topics covered in the MSADS program span national policy development, business strategy, conflict and cooperation, income inequality, economic growth, trade, exchange rates, demographic change, and sustainable development.
- An individualized curriculum lets you customize your program experience to more effectively achieve your career goals.
- Benefit from CGU’s reputation for extensive expertise in solving real world challenges across politics, business, economics, and policy, using data science for governments and corporations
- Choose specializations in areas of professional interest, including business, health, evaluation, and environmental issues
- Pursue an MS in conjunction with another degree, such as an MS in Information Systems & Technology. You earn a diploma for each degree and “double count” some units from one program to the other to decrease your required total units.
- This program is STEM designated, allowing international students who hold F-1 visas to apply for OPT work authorizations for a total of 36 months (an initial 1-year period and a 24-month OPT STEM extension) of paid work experience in the U.S. after graduation.