This innovative MA is designed for a new generation of artists looking for the entrepreneurial acumen that is necessary to build a sustainable creative practice and professional life in the arts.
The program merges studio practice from CGU’s art program with coursework in the business, markets, history and theory of art, as well as core courses in finance, accounting, law, and marketing. Students maintain an art practice while learning broadly transferable business and management principles and techniques. In contrast to a conventional art degree such as an MFA, candidates for this degree pursue an entrepreneurship sequence.
Understanding the culture of the studio, and the kind of work, planning, and management required to engage in ambitious artistic projects, either at large scale or over long periods of time, is more necessary today than at any time before.
- Gain core competencies in arts management, from finance to strategy to marketing.
- Learn from professionals in L.A.’s arts and cultural community.
- Attend in-person classes, events, and programs in downtown Los Angeles.
- Access your personal studio in the Art and Music Building alongside MFA students.
- Participate in group shows with students in the MFA program.