Cost & Aid
Estimated Tuition (California Residents, Non-Residents, International)
|Tuition (48 units x $1,902 per unit)*||$91,296|
*Based on 2017-2018 tuition rates.
Other Education Expenses
|Mandatory Student Fees||$200 per semester|
|Travel Fee**||$2,950 per semester|
The MA in Art Business requires travel that may include visits to galleries, special collections, art fairs and art-related events including destinations abroad. So that the Institute can buy tickets and make reservations in advance, travel costs for the academic program are calculated and charged for the full academic year during registration for the first semester.
**Note: Some individual courses include their own field study component, for example “Doing Business in China/Asia” or “Cultural and Arts Policy in Asia,” and require additional travel fees.
For estimates of room & board, books, etc., please download CGU’s Cost of Attendance 2017-2018 .
Accepted applicants who demonstrate high levels of prior academic excellence and whose professional experience and backgrounds are exemplary and will enhance the profile of the student body will be considered for tuition fellowship awards at the following levels:
- $5000 per semester: effective tuition per semester $23,688
- $4000 per semester: effective tuition per semester $24,688
- $2500 per semester: effective tuition per semester $26,188
The level of tuition fellowship is determined by the admissions committee.
All schools at Claremont Graduate University participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and the VA will match the same amount as the institution.
You may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
The Post-9/11 GI Bill pays up to the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition and fees. You may have tuition and fees that exceed that amount if you are attending a private institution, graduate school or attending in an out-of-state status. If you are enrolled at a Yellow Ribbon participating institution and the tuition and fees exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition or fees, additional funds may be available for your education program without an additional charge to your entitlement.
Institutions that voluntarily enter into a Yellow Ribbon Agreement with the VA choose the amount of tuition and fees that will be contributed. The VA will match that amount and issue payment directly to the institution.
Contact Gwen Smith email@example.com or 909.607.0431 in Student Services for more information on how to apply.
For further information, visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs website.
The Drucker School has entered into a partnership with City Year, an organization that unites young people of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service, giving them skills and opportunities to change the world. City Year alumni will have the opportunity to receive the following benefits:
- $13,000 annual tuition Fellowship*. The award varies based on part-time or full-time program enrollment and total number of units taken per semester.
- Scholarships awarded to City Year alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Application fee waiver
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards depending on the strength of the application.
*This is based on full-time enrollment of 32 units in an academic year at $1,902 per unit.
To be eligible for federal programs, you must complete the FAFSA.
Federal funds for students with high need that will provide part-time employment.
Grant funding for students who plan to teach in a high-need field and in a low-income area/school.
- Every domestic student is eligible for a federal loan.
- Low-interest loans with payments deferred until graduation.
Additional Sources of Aid
For more information, visit CGU’s Financial Aid site.