The PhD program in Computational Science produces mathematical scientists who bring the latest in computational methodology and problem solving to a variety of academic and industry settings.
Offered in collaboration with San Diego State University’s Computational Science Research Center, CGU’s PhD in Computational Science emphasizes interdisciplinary scholarship over specialization. Students learn to export computational and mathematical methods and applications across disciplinary boundaries while conducting graduate-level research. You’ll undertake collaborative research with faculty at CGU and SDSU who possess extensive backgrounds in applied mathematics, computational science, statistics, physical sciences, industrial modeling, and more. Our program creates versatile computational researchers who are prepared to contribute to research and development in modern academic, government, and industrial settings.
- IMS partnerships expand your academic opportunities and include:
- A joint PhD in Engineering & Industrial Applied Mathematics with California State University, Long Beach
- Joint MS degree in Mathematics and Financial Engineering with CGU’s Drucker School of Management
- You can pursue a PhD in computational science in conjunction with another degree program at CGU, such as an MS in information systems & technology. You earn a diploma for each degree, “double count” some units from one program to the other, and decrease your required total units.
- You can participate in several professional societies: