You remain front and center for everything we do. During these challenging times, we want to inspire you and share information about our university that reinforces why this is a special place. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have questions or wish to provide your perspective.
Many members of our CGU community have been working tirelessly—some behind the scenes and some on the front lines—to address the pandemic. They embody what it means to carry the flame.
We understand that your education doesn’t stop with the diploma. Here are some of the many opportunities to sharpen the saw.
CGU has an array of world-class professors and staff that are adept at understanding complex issues and offering advice to help our community deal with some of the problems facing their lives. In these talks, they will share innovative and research-based ideas to support you in dealing with the challenging situations you may be facing right now.
Past Expert Talks
- What a 5+ Year Medical Journey Taught Me About Perspective, Resilience, and the Importance of Strong Relationships with Maren Dollwet ’13
- Social Justice and the Environment with Professor Heather Campbell and Sumaia Al-Kohlani ’14
- The Future of Museums with Victoria Gerard ’15
- California’s Economy and COVID-19 with Somjita Mitra ’07
- The Epidemiology of COVID-19 at 6 Months: 10 Things We Know and 10 We Don’t with Nicole Gatto
- Activating the Inner Heart of Leadership: Preparing to Lead in our Uncertain Future with Kristine Kawamura
- The Science of Supporting Mental Health Through Better Sleep with Andy Vosko
- Creating Resilience in Crisis for Ourselves and our Teams with Cindi Gilliand
- Breath of Life Q&A With Abdulla Alismail and Laren Tan
- Generating Positive Psychological Capital (PsyCap) in a Global Pandemic with Stewart Donaldson
- Biological Rhythms and Structuring your Day-Timing is Everything with Andy Vosko
- Keeping Your Wits and Finding Opportunities in Times of Crisis with Len Jessup
- “More than Fair” Communication and Consideration During Times of Uncertainty with Stephen Gilliland
- Supporting Learners at Home with Shamini Dias
- Basics of Sleep and Circadian Health Webinar with Andy Vosko
CGU has podcasts from multiple disciplines that showcase the university’s diverse community of scholars, their innovative research, and the great conversations taking place on campus.
Our newest podcast, Sharing Air, features transdisciplinary conversations between CGU faculty that reflect, dig, bridge, and reconstruct our story around health and our humanity in the face of isolation.
Though we are practicing physical distancing, there’s no need for social distancing. Here are ways that we can stay in touch:
Looking to grow your network or just connect with like-minded people? Attend a virtual meet-up and get to know someone new today.
The alumni network comprises more than 23,000 alumni. The Facebook group was created to help connect alumni to the school and to one another to network, post job opportunities, share resources, and ask questions.
The pandemic has caused an unprecedented spike in unemployment, but CGU is here to help. As a member of our university community, you get access to free career services for life. Explore the links below to take advantage of resources available to you today.
Career Development Office
The Career Development Office works in partnership with alumni to help them achieve their career objectives. We define our role as career consultants who provide the structure and services, including counseling and workshops, to help you focus on your search, target appropriate employers, implement job search strategies, and build skills in self-marketing. You are invited to participate in self-assessment, career exploration, and proactive job search strategies. Drucker alumni may also contact the Drucker Career Development Office.
Career Development Webinars
Interested in increasing your knowledge when it comes to advancing your career? You can watch previously recorded career development webinars or register for an upcoming one.
One-on-One Career Counseling
Every situation is unique and sometimes a webinar doesn’t answer all your questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on making a virtual one-on-one career counseling appointment.
Job Portal: Handshake
All CGU alumni have access to career events, job listings, and employer contacts through Handshake, the shared career management system of The Claremont Colleges career offices. To set up your profile on Handshake, visit the link below or email email@example.com for assistance.
Emergency Information Site
CGU has an emergency task force team meeting daily to ensure the campus is prepared should a change in guidance become necessary. Because this situation is changing rapidly, we recommend that members of our community check the emergency information site for updates or new messages.
Listed above is a sampling of some resources that we think may be most valuable to you at this time. However, this isn’t all the Office of Alumni Engagement has to offer.
Alumni Benefits & Resources
The Office of Alumni Engagement offers many other valuable resources.
GIS Lab’s Coronavirus Response Hub
The Advanced GIS Lab at the Center for Information Systems and Technology focuses on advanced spatial analysis and the research and development of advanced GIS solutions—expertise that is providing valuable insights during the pandemic. Led by Professor Brian N. Hilton, the lab stresses a transdisciplinary approach to knowledge, research, and problem-solving using core ideas, methods, and concepts from several disciplines.
The Inequality and Policy Research Center (IPRC)
The Inequality and Policy Research Center (IPRC) is charting the political, economic, public health, and social effects of the pandemic. The center is providing a Daily Brief on research news and local case statistics related to COVID-19.