ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, SSSPE
JOB POSTING #849
Starting Salary: $30.00 (Maximum)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under: School of Social Science, Policy & Evaluation
**THIS POSITION IS BASED IN NEW YORK**
In addition to general office duties, specific responsibilities include performing a broad range of secretarial, clerical, and administrative duties. Assist the Executive Director, to lead and manage the new Claremont Evaluation Center – New York (CEC-NY) to support students, officials, contract and grant clients, and administer CEC-NY programs.
1. Act as official front office public contact, assisting the public and a variety of levels and types of students (from senior executives, ambassadors, and program managers to evaluation professionals from around the world) and supporting evaluation contract and grant clients with routine and non-routine questions regarding the new Claremont Evaluation Center – New York programs.
2. Compose routine correspondence, assist the CEC-NY Executive Director in preparing evaluation grant and contract proposals and develop reports from verbal instructions and notes. Proofread and edit outgoing materials. Prepare PowerPoint presentations for the Executive Director Respond to requests that require immediate attention.
3. Organize, copy, file, and maintain confidential faculty and student files and records in accordance with FERPA and CGU policies.
4. Arrange meetings for the Executive Director and keep her calendar .Request and confirm room reservations for faculty, students, and staff.
5. Responsible for inventory and maintenance of all office equipment, including ordering and maintaining office supplies, stationary, telephone orders, and related materials, and resolving any equipment issues to ensure their proper functioning.
6. Responsible for catering and coordinating with facilities for lCEC-NY events. Uses judgment and discretion when planning and ordering to ensure related expenses are within budget guidelines.
7. Assists Director with CEC-NY special events and helps Director by doing research to develop and provide new innovative course briefings and orientations.
8. Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, with travel arrangements and claims, technology issues and updates, recommendation letters, etc.
9. Scans social media and keeps CEC-NY up-to-date and posts notices when relevant.
10. Maintains awareness of the United Nations – New York Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) calendar of events.
11. Maintains awareness of the professional evaluation associations internationally and global evaluation partners community and informs the Executive Director with relevant news and updates.
12. Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the CEC-NY Executive Director.
13. Some travel may be necessary.
A master’s degree in a field related to evaluation is desirable or training or a combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Five to six years of experience required. Excellent English required; a second language is highly desirable. International evaluation experience highly desirable. Knowledge of the operational protocols of the United Nations highly desirable. Meticulous attention to detail and dependable follow through. Accuracy and ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Demonstrated organizational skills in a multitask environment with the ability to prioritize tasks on an ongoing basis according to departmental needs. Outstanding customer service and people skills (professional, approachable demeanor). Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Read, write legibly, and follow written and oral instructions in English. Spell accurately and have excellent knowledge of business writing style. Self-motivated, able to work and make appropriate decisions independently. Team-oriented and able to work with part-time staff, including students, to perform routine clerical or secretarial assignments. Warm, easy-going nature to contribute to the positive office atmosphere. Knowledge of the field of evaluation, especially as it’s applied in the international arena.