EMPLOYER OUTREACH AND INTERNSHIP COORDINATOR
JOB POSTING #866
Starting Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
Closing Date: Until Filled
This key role in the Career Development Office (CDO) has the primary responsibility to lead, develop, and deliver comprehensive student internship and employment services in support of students’ professional and career development.
Is responsible for new employer outreach, and cultivation and management of existing employer relationships. Will develop and implement the employer relations strategic and operational plan including marketing our services, creating opportunities for students and employers to connect through networking or career events. Is responsible for collaborating with employer representatives in developing an on-campus recruiting strategy leading to internship and full-time positions for graduate students.
- Establish a strategic plan to deliver a robust portfolio of internship and career related resources and services for CGU students.
- Establish effective relationships with recruiters, hiring managers, and alumni at local, state-wide, and national organizations interested in hiring both domestic and international graduate students.
- Identify and procure job and internship opportunities for graduate students through the cultivation and maintenance of relationships with organizations in the public, nonprofit, government and private sectors.
- Research and quickly develop knowledge of employer recruiting strategies, job market trends, and employment information sources.
- Manage job/internship postings and employer contacts in Handshake (our CSM/job board platform).
- Assist employers with developing internship descriptions and appealing programs that comply with legal, NACE, and campus regulations and policies. Provide employers with guidelines, policies, compensation information and referral to other employer services offered by the CDO.
- Secure employers to participate in internship/career panels and networking events. Collaborate with other campus partners on school/departmental career related events.
- Develop online internship workshops in collaboration with CDO team.
- Create informational and instructional online and print resources that feature internship content.
- Attend conferences, employer site visits, and networking events to build relationships with employers and career services colleagues.
- Provide data to Director for presentations and reports and to inform stakeholders.
- Work closely with Academic Division Program Coordinators, Student Support Services, and other departmental staff and students to learn about students’ interests in regards to internships and employer contacts.
- Collaborate with the Offices of Alumni Engagement and Advancement to identify alumni interested in hiring CGU students, being involved in career related events, and serving as mentors.
- Work toward centralizing all employer and campus partner internship/part-time listings on Handshake, the CDO’s online job and internship posting database.
- Work with CDO staff and counselors to promote available internships to students.
- Consult with employers regarding optimal marketing strategies to connect students to internships and jobs and to collaborate on events and workshops. Coordinate various events, activities, and fairs related to internships and career positions.
- Represent the CDO on internship committees and other campus work groups/committees as appropriate.
- Keep CDO and university aware of changes to internship laws and regulations as they develop.
- Serve as CGU CDO’s representative to the 7Cs Employer Relations Committee.
- Work collaboratively in office tasks and in support of CDO efforts. May supervise student staff and manage special projects or programs as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to cultivate relationships with local, regional, national employers to stay informed of hiring and internship trends.
- Share trends with CDO staff, campus partners, and students.
- Ability to facilitate access to internship opportunities for all CGU graduate students, through research and effective partnerships with employers, alumni, and campus partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively work with and interact with diverse individuals and groups of faculty, staff, students, alumni, and employers.
- Knowledge and experience in a diverse cultural environment and working with culturally diverse people. Experience working with international students highly desired.
- Experience with or understanding of recruiting and scheduling technologies (for example, Handshake).
- Familiarity with employment law and employment recruiting trends.
EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT/DATA ANALYSIS
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, assess, and interpret a variety of program details aligned with CDO goals and objectives.
- Ability to maintain data on internship/career opportunities; develop reports on available internships/career positions and present them to appropriate groups.
- Ability to assess student and employer needs and satisfaction levels and respond to program changes, needs, and priorities as they arise.
Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree desired; or a combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience: 3 years of directly relevant work experience (recruiting, alumni engagement etc.). Experience in student services, university career services, employer recruitment, and/or internship program coordination experience desired. Valid California Driver’s License meeting CGU authorized drivers’ requirements. This position requires employer site visits and attendance at other off campus events, which requires flexibility in work hours.