JOB POSTING #881
Starting Salary: $17.12 (Minimum)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Marketing and Communications, a function of the Advancement Office, has an opening for a detail oriented, highly organized Communications Coordinator who has an understanding of marketing principles.
The Communications Coordinator provides a broad range of administrative duties in the Office of Marketing & Communications. This position is a crucial team member who maintains department and project files; invoices payments for internal and external jobs; reconciles and reports office budget activity; and orders and maintains inventory of office supplies.
Additionally, the Communications Coordinator manages the business details of university-wide print items created within the department from receipt to completion.
- University contact for stationery requests and various miscellaneous forms/materials for faculty, staff, and students. This process includes obtaining quotes, obtaining pre-authorizations if needed, and tracking project status.
- Ensure project documentation is maintained and complete. Documentation includes emails related to project, managing billing system (receiving and paying invoices in Workday), and maintaining copies for reference.
- Point person for obtaining quotes for print projects. (Quotes are required for procurement purposes and this position will be responsible for this through the accounting processes.)
- Answer telephone courteously and respond to inquiries for MarCom office.
- Oversees records and filing systems, controls equipment and supplies and coordinates office technology efforts, contacting IT help desk and telephone office as needed.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the AVP of MarCom, including the management of an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arrange detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Supervises work-study student(s), ensuring completion of projects assigned.
- Complete all departmental budgetary support duties, from vendor payables to departmental charges and credits.
- Complete accounts payable and receivable transactions in Workday for operating expense submission for inter-collegial projects and external vendor payables.
- Process requests for pre-authorization of expenses for Marketing & Communications operating expenses.
- Assist preparation of financial reports (including budget to actual reports and forecasts), providing information to Director of Advancement Operations.
- Track budget expenses. Provide Associate Vice President of Marketing & Communications with Actuals-to-date as requested.
- Prepare journal entries in Workday.
- Prepare and review credit card reconciliations for all purchase-card holders in Marketing & Communications, ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Process reimbursements to staff.
- Responsible for Permit mailing accounts at the USPS. Utilizing approval process with post office, track mailings completed, requesting funds and journaling debits from appropriate accounts through Workday.
- Understanding of accounting best practices
- Experience with accounts receivable and payables
- Ability to conduct research
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Workday experience a plus
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Individual must possess knowledge, skills and ability to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or any combination of education and experience that provides the required skills and ability. Five to six years’ experience, ideally in a Marketing firm or non-profit marketing office with heavy budget management responsibilities. Preference for a candidate who possess a valid California Driver’s License and can meet CGU’s authorized driver requirements.