BUSINESS ANALYST (Revised)
JOB POSTING #884
Starting Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Business Analyst is a data expert who understands the business processes and functional needs of users along with the configuration, regular use and data structures of CGU enterprise applications. The Business Analyst also functions as a liaison between the Office of Information Technology and the functional areas, providing software configuration, user training, coordination of testing, production support, and escalation of technical issues to other OIT staff as appropriate.
- Serve as internal consultant to functional users in matters related to system capabilities, proficiency training, and extraction and manipulation of decision-making information.
- Provide maintenance and technical support for enterprise applications.
- Develop functional test scripts and perform testing of new functionality, upgrades and bundles.
- Manage projects across functional areas and collaborate with a wide variety of users to direct projects and tasks.
- Develop recommended policies and procedures designed to increase end user accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness of systems.
- Assist in identifying and analyzing problems, and devising solutions.
- Manage security in various enterprise applications, including creating and terminating accounts, modifying permissions, troubleshooting security issues, and performing security audits.
- Keep immediate supervisor and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work, problems and suggestions for new and improved ways for dealing with such problems.
- Respond to customer requests for ad hoc reporting, including developing custom reports and queries as needed and assisting with reporting efforts.
- Adhere to the CGU Computing Policies, including software development methodology, architecture models and standards.
- Appropriately tailor communications to peer, supervisory, executive and customer audiences.
- Complete special projects including but not limited to ensuring the university is adequately staffed during or immediately following natural and/or manmade disasters, infectious disease outbreaks, and/or acts of terrorism.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Individual must possess knowledge, skills and ability to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. Applicants demonstrating some combination of the following skills and abilities are highly desired for this position. Experience with enterprise reporting tools. Knowledge of IT systems in general and experience in troubleshooting basic client and network issues for proper escalation to other support teams.
- Experience using and supporting PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Ability to read technical documentation.
- Skill in system analysis, business analysis, and requirements development and in analyzing and solving complex problems.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in designing and implementing technical solutions.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot software to find causes of errors and recommend corrective action or improvements.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and possess the flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements.
- Ability to translate needs analysis results into functional designs and to develop and learn new technical skills quickly.
- Ability to maintain harmonious work relationships with staff, students, faculty and university officials and the general public.
- Intermittent sitting, standing, walking.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Hearing and speaking in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, reach and stoop.
- Repetitive wrist/finger motions with use of a computer.
- Computer usage for extended periods of time.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Able to lift 20 pounds occasionally.
A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related field or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability.
Five years of relevant experience including three years supporting enterprise applications. Preference for a candidate who possesses a valid California Driver’s License and can meet CGU’s authorized driver requirements.
The following technologies are typical of the context within which the Business Analyst will work, though it is not intended to be an exhaustive list. The Business Analyst must have experience with, or be able to adapt quickly to these types of technologies.
- EMS Scheduling Software
- Oracle/Peoplesoft Campus Solutions
- PeopleTools 8.55 and higher
- Reporting Tools such as BI Publisher, PSQuery
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Email tools such as Microsoft Outlook
- Fundraising Tools such as Millennium
- Financial Systems such as Workday
- CRM tools such as Slate
The regular hours for this position are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Hours and days may vary due to needs of the University or department.