DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
JOB POSTING #885
Starting Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
Closing Date: Until Filled
Assist the Associate VP of Human Resources in all areas of HR and Payroll. Responsible for managing professional development for all staff of the University. The Director of Human Resources will need to think strategically about institution-wide human capital development in ways that advance University strategy and directions.
- Design and manage professional development programs for all CGU staff including authorizing budget expenditures and facilitating training programs consistent with University strategy and directions.
- Work with schools and departments to create appropriate training plans for their staff members.
- Assist with preparation of annual salary survey questionnaire document, compile all incoming data from various compensation sources, and prepare annual wage and salary data comparison for the Human Resources Committee (HRC).
- Assist with evaluating CGU job descriptions and maintain generic job descriptions.
- Maintain job-codes and salary ranges in Workday HRIS system.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of job posting requisitions, post positions on various websites and ad agencies, and process background check requests for top candidates in staff positions.
- Assist AVP with organizational redesign of departments.
- Assist hiring managers with recruiting needs.
- Coordinate the Onboarding Process with the Assistant HR Director for staff new hires including HR required safety and sexual harassment training during new hire process.
- Assist AVP with policy administration, write and review.
- Assist AVP managing employee relations.
- Maintain Staff Handbook
- Back up contact for work related injury reporting.
- Assist with maintaining CGU’s HR and HERC websites.
- Work closely with the CGU payroll and benefits office on HR procedures
- Keep current on all HR related news, laws and updates. Keep current with required legal posters and postings.
- Is a member of the CGU Safety Committee.
- Attend The Claremont Colleges Human Resources Committee meetings for AVP when necessary.
- Additional projects as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Individual must possess knowledge, skills and ability to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise-wide HR systems (Workday preferred)
- Knowledge of compensation practices and data research.
- Ability to research and produce reports.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software (MS Word and Excel).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact well in a diverse work environment.
- Ability to assist senior leadership with strategic allocation of human resources.
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree in HR related field preferred or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability. Minimum of five – six years general experience in Human Resources required. Compensation analyses and payroll processing experience desired. A valid CA driver’s license and can meet CGU authorized driver requirements.
Knowledge and experience with Workday HCM, PeopleSoft, and third-party benefit systems.