USER SUPPORT/APPLICATION SPECIALIST
JOB POSTING #892
Starting Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
Closing Date: Until Filled
The User Support/Applications Specialist works as a member of the user support team in the Information Technology Department at Claremont Graduate University. Duties include application software support for students, faculty and staff and system administration.
- Works with user support team on documentation and workshop collaboration.
- Performs Ergonomic Assessments, Updates, and Evaluations.
- Provides high level technical support for printers and other peripherals.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Employee Computer Program.
- Provides specialized support and system administration of the server and client upgrades.
- Assist in the deployment of the desktop image.
- Provides backup technical support for EMS module.
- Provides PeopleSoft Software training and Support.
- Provides Windows and Macintosh training and Support.
- Provides backup support for other staff members in the information technology department.
- Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to the position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Individual must possess knowledge, skills and ability to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Expert knowledge of desktop software including collaboration, office productivity, presentation and networking tools and services.
- Excellent knowledge of troubleshooting skills consisting of cross platform support for desktops and laptops on both Windows and Macintosh OS.
- Highly skilled in printer and other peripheral problem solving.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to deal calmly with frustrated users.
- Must be able to safety lift up to twenty pounds to waist level unassisted.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, climb, push, pull, stoop, twist, and stretch.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Five years of related experience. Preference for a candidate who possesses a valid California Driver’s License and can meet CGU’s authorized driver requirements.