STUDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
JOB POSTING #894
Starting Salary: $17.12 (Minimum)
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position reports directly to the AVP of Student Services and Dean of Students and provides support, plans, and organizes various programs, activities, and projects that reside within Student Services. The principal function of this position is to directly assist the AVP of Student Services and Dean of Students, by providing day-to-day functioning as the administrative assistant in Student Services.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, social engagements, university and community functions with individuals and groups for the AVP of Student Services and Dean of Students. Keep calendars up-to-date and coordinate with other assistants for committee meetings and standing meetings.
- Write in final form, or draft for further review, confidential correspondence for the Student Services Office covering a wide array of administrative topics and responsibilities.
- Route incoming correspondence to the appropriate administrative or academic office that which does not require the personal attention of the AVP of Student Services and Dean of Students.
- Have a thorough understanding of all University policies and procedures.
- Arrange interview committees for open positions within Student Services and coordinate the interview(s). Make travel arrangements for the applicant if they are flying in or traveling a distance.
- Coordinate new employee onboarding. Includes but is not limited to: request email and other network accounts relevant to the position; add to appropriate distribution lists; orient on budgetary policies and procedures such as, the KissFlow pre-approval, reimbursement, and supplier invoicing (payment) processes; assist with preparing office space, phone line, business cards, office supplies, office furniture, etc.
- Maintain office supplies inventory for all Student Services departments by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Orders business cards for employees.
- Perform records management by overseeing the electronic and hardcopy filing systems, create files and records as necessary using judgment and knowledge of office and University requirements, update files and records, determine retention and purging schedules, and retrieve files and documents as needed.
- Enforce University policies while making reservations for designated institutional spaces using EMS.
- Manage all phone lines and voicemail setups.
- Attend Student Academic Services (SAS) meetings, take meeting minutes, and post meeting minutes to the portal SAS community. Work with AVP of Student Services to set up yearly schedule and communicate with relevant staff across the University. Send out monthly agenda and meeting reminder.
- Attend other relevant meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Provide operational budget support to the AVP of Student Services. Monitor departmental operating budgets to ensure that departments stay within set budget limits. Provide budget reports to Directors and Student Services leadership team upon request. Communicate all budgetary problems to AVP of Student Services and ensure that the departments abide by all relevant Student Services and University Policies and Procedures.
- Process payments to vendors and journals using WorkDay.
- Process pre-approval purchasing requests using KissFlow.
- Reconcile University purchase cardholders’ bank statements at the beginning of each month.
- Process requests for student payroll checks and other payroll checks as needed.
- Request advances; process cash deposits; and fill out and submit other budgetary forms as needed.
- Troubleshoot budgetary problems in WorkDay.
- When requested to do so by the Dean of Students, provide back-up support to the Student Life, Diversity, and Leadership Coordinator with the accidental and emergency insurance plan processes (e.g., keep roster up to date, send roster to ISO to enroll students in plan (normally done at the beginning of each semester), etc.).
- Provide administrative/clerical support to the Dean of Students to assist in coordinating reasonable accommodations for students who require disability services under ADA. Ensure students are registered appropriately via AIM (the official registration system for requesting and receiving academic accommodations) and ensure that the Student Disability Resource Center (SDCR) has appropriate information for all registered students.
- Responsible for the moderation of all student email communications.
- Arrange student grievance hearings with faculty, students, and staff members.
- Coordinate with Campus Safety to obtain temporary parking permits for CGU students that are taking classes at the undergraduate schools.
Other duties as assigned by supervisors or Student Services leadership team, which includes the EVP and Provost and the Students Services Directors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Individual must possess knowledge, skills and ability to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
The Student Services Coordinator is responsible for creating a pleasant and helpful atmosphere for the office and ensuring that all the constituents gain a favorable impression of the University and of the office. Much of the communication is of a highly sensitive and confidential nature and must be handled with the utmost discretion, tact, courtesy, and diplomacy. S/he must be proficient in the use of technology, including software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must be comfortable working with a Student Information System such as PeopleSoft. The coordinator is expected to contribute positively to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other diverse cultures or backgrounds. Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities, must have excellent communication skills, and must possess good judgement.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. A minimum of five to six years of Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator experience.