DIRECTOR OF RECRUITMENT
JOB POSTING #896
Starting Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Drucker School of Management at Claremont Graduate University (CGU) is seeking a highly professional and experienced individual to serve as the Director of Recruitment. The position will lead the domestic and international recruiting efforts for the Drucker School and provide strategic vision for international recruitment for all programs at the university. This position will formulate and execute strategic recruitment plans and is responsible for the development and implementation of innovative recruitment programs designed to meet the university’s enrollment goals.
As a member of the university’s Office of Admissions and Recruitment, the Director is responsible for new student recruitment for all programs offered at the Drucker School of Management. The position will also provide recruiting leadership to CGU programs offered by the Sotheby’s Institute of Art, the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, and the Center for Information Systems & Technology. The Director will lead the implementation and evaluation of the entire recruiting function while identifying strategies and procedures to enhance the recruiting process.
This position will directly supervise designated members of the admissions and recruitment team. This position will collaborate with departments across campus to support recruitment and enrollment initiatives and serve as a member of the admissions marketing team, enrollment management leadership team, and other assigned committees.
This position reports to the Dean of Admissions and ensures that all recruiting goals, set by the university and Dean of the Drucker School, are met.
- Develop and implement a cohesive recruitment plan for programs offered by the Drucker School that includes proposal of an annual recruitment budget.
- Develop and implement an international recruitment strategy to support international student recruitment across the institution.
- Supervise high-performing recruiters to work cohesively as a team to drive prospects through the recruiting cycle.
- Lead the entire cycle of the recruiting process while evaluating the team’s workload to guarantee optimal recruitment activity.
- Monitor recruitment travel and associated expenditures to create annual reports that evaluate recruitment effectiveness.
- Develop strong relationships with faculty and staff in the graduate programs to support them in recruitment and enrollment efforts. Participate in strategy and implementation of recruitment ideas based on the uniqueness of each graduate program.
- Lead efforts for tracking analytics and impact metrics in order to grow a data-driven and technically skilled recruiting team.
- Calculate ROI from targeted outreach events; provide creative and cost-effective ideas to increase innovation in recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate and participate in campus recruiting activities such as presentations, career fairs, office and campus interviews, Grad Fairs, conferences, and other identified opportunities.
- Assist in the development and support of diversity recruiting efforts across targeted campuses and initiate relationships with student and community organizations to help achieve diversity objectives.
- Work with academic deans and the Dean of Admission to implement policy to assure candidates have the necessary skills to be successful in their programs.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across academic units to ensure that recruiting strategies align with program offerings.
- Chair the international recruitment committee and collaborate with International Student Services and the International Scholars Program.
- Work collectively with Office of Institutional Effectiveness on institutional reporting.
- Serve as an admissions liaison to other campus offices including financial aid and marketing.
Supervision and Training
- Supervise designated members of the admissions and recruitment team.
- Provide ongoing training to recruitment personnel and identify professional development opportunities.
- Successfully on-board new team members.
- Moderate staff meetings as assigned.
- Represent the Admissions and Recruitment team at on and off campus meetings and events.
- Serve as a member of the enrollment management leadership team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Individual must possess knowledge, skills and ability to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Excellent project management skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast–paced environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills (verbal and written) in both small group and large group settings.
- Successful track record of working with diverse and multiple groups in a positive manner.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership and team–building abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office/systems (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- SIS (PeopleSoft) and CRM proficiency preferred.
- High energy and passion for recruiting.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound, independent decision and lead others.
- Creativity, self–confidence, and flexibility.
- Ability to understand, adapt, and articulate CGU’s culture to an external audience.
- Must have a willingness to travel as needed during peak recruiting seasons.
Bachelor’s degree, or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Master’s degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years of experience in graduate school recruitment or combination of experiences in similar recruitment settings. Exposure to international student recruitment required. Graduate business or management recruitment and admissions experience preferred.
Demonstrated program or project management experience is required for this position. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and meet CGU’s authorized driver’s requirements. Must have a passport and the ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
Direct supervision of members of the admissions recruitment team as determined by the Dean of Admissions.
Supervisory experience in a graduate level academic institution preferred.