ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
JOB POSTING #904
Starting Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
Closing Date: Until Filled
Claremont Graduate University is seeking a highly professional and experienced individual to serve as a graduate recruiter. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the recruitment plan for associated graduate programs, while representing CGU both on and off campus, domestically and internationally. The candidate will also be responsible for admissions responsibilities for the assigned graduate program, including managing application files through the review process to completion, deposits, and enrollment.
The position reports to the Senior Assistant Director of Admissions and the Dean or designated Administrator of the School. Assignment will support recruitment and admissions activities for both Graduate and International Admissions through to student enrollment, including assisting with the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) communication plan, application review, and processing of admissions and fellowship decisions, as well as serving as a liaison to the offices of financial aid and admissions. The position is responsible for collaborating with departments across campus to support recruitment and enrollment initiatives.
- Recruits for all CGU programs while maintaining a special focus; coordinates and participates in campus recruiting activities such as presentations, career fairs, office and campus interviews, grad fairs, conferences and other platforms as needed; works to enhance school brand and reputation; assists in the development and support of diversity recruiting efforts across targeted campuses; initiate relationships with niche student organizations and ensures we are achieving our diversity outreach objectives.
- Establishes relationships with Campus Student Success Center (career offices, writing centers, career management etc.), faculty, and students and initiates activities on campus to promote CGU at selected universities including but not limited to advertising, career fairs, information sessions, speaker series events and on–campus interviews; cultivates on–going relationship building with current students to help achieve campus recruiting vision; develops new and innovative methods to differentiate CGU from peer schools / universities.
- Records, updates, and analyzes all recruiting data for various programs and marketing initiatives; is able to capture ROI from targeted outreach events; provides creative and cost-effective ideas to innovate recruitment strategy; is able to utilize campus technology solutions to track and benchmark critical data.
- Assists in identifying and selecting successful candidates; must be able to critically evaluate candidates to have the necessary skills as well as the passion to be successful in graduate school. Ensures the accuracy of data for prospects, inquiries and applicants.
- Manages application files through the review process to completion by contacting applicants who are missing documents, congratulating new applicants, admitted students, and deposited students. Engaging admitted students through the summer to prevent “melt,” assisting in assignment of faculty advisors, and enrollment.
- Assists in implementing and evaluating marketing strategies for recruitment activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Individual must possess knowledge, skills and ability to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Experience as admissions counselor for graduate programs preferred. Should have experience with application management and an enterprise database.
- Excellent project management skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast–paced environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership and team–building abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office/systems (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). PeopleSoft and Hobsons proficiency preferred.
- High energy and passion for recruiting. Creativity, self–confidence, and flexibility.
- Ability to understand, adapt, and articulate CGU’s culture to an external audience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and sensitivity to working with diverse populations.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, master’s degree preferred or any combination of education and experience that provides the required skills and ability. Minimum of three years of experience in university admissions and recruitment or a similar recruitment setting. Must have a willingness to travel as needed during peak recruiting seasons. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and meet CGU’s authorized driver requirements.