Join the Office of Student Life, Diversity & Leadership (SLDL) as we review the university’s domestic health insurance plan with UnitedHealthcare, the enrollment and waiver process, as well as community resources available to eligible students.
The workshop covers:
- An overview of the UnitedHealthcare plan, including plan eligibility, cost and coverage, deductibles, co-insurance, preferred and out of network providers and plan exclusions;
- What options a student has if they cannot afford the university plan;
- Information regarding the waiver process for students who have private coverage;
- Covered California vs Medi-Cal, and what option is best depending on a student’s situation;
- The Medi-Cal program, including how and where to apply, eligibility information, necessary documents and information students need to apply and how the process of applying works;
- The Cal-Fresh program, how and where to apply, eligibility information, necessary documents and information students need to apply, special program eligibility details for student applicants and process;
- The Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program overview and application details.
Students who need accommodations to attend or participate in the event should contact the Office of Disability Services at email@example.com at least one week prior to the event.