The Black Scholars Award (BSA) at Claremont Graduate University was established in 2015 and recognizes exemplary work by students who are of Black African ancestry. The award is given annually. This year the application deadline is Friday, May 28, 2021.
More information regarding eligibility is available on the application.
All applications will be reviewed by the BSA Advisory Committee.
The 2020–2021 Advisory Committee members:
- Rachel Camacho, Director of Student Engagement
- Jakeob Berón , Assistant Director of Financial Aid
- Linda Perkins, Professor and Director, Applied Women’s Studies
- Joanna Poblete, Associate Professor of History
- Beverly P. Ryder, CGU Board of Trustees Vice Chair
Contribute to the Black Scholars Award
The BSA is made possible by an endowment established in 2015. If you would like to help grow this important award, access our giving form and select the Black Scholars Fellowship check box, or call (909) 621-8027.