March 13, 2017
To-Do List: Spring Break for Grad Students
By Ashley Call
- Disarm all five of your wake-up alarms. Use earplugs if you live next to a rooster or clumsy roommate.
- Shower or don’t shower, who gives a damn?
- Skip the bikinis of Spring Breaks past in favor of the only t-shirt not in your dirty laundry pile.
- Trade drive-thru Starbucks for a coffee worth the stains.
- Get comfy before braving the exorbitant amount of reading you were assigned in honor of your “break.”
- Smile innocently as you ignore all emails.
- Celebrate happy hour sans tipsy academic career crisis.
- Trade out your protein bar for a seated meal, preferably with napkins, vegetables, and real human beings sitting across from you.
- Binge on The X Files before Scully disappears from Netflix and before you’re back to worrying about mere terrestrial matters.
- Fall asleep by counting shee … ts of your term papers that you will write … next
Claremont Graduate University is on Spring Break March 13 through 17.