Key Dates and Deadlines
Our executive management programs follow a rolling admissions process, with 6 start dates throughout the year. We recommend submitting your application as early as possible in order to secure a spot in the incoming class. Applications received after the deadlines will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
|Fall Module 1 – August||August 15|
|Fall Module 2 – October||October 1|
|Spring Module 1 – January||December 1|
|Spring Module 2 – March||February 1|
|Summer Module 1 – May||April 1|
|Summer Module 2 – July||June 1|
- Candidates for the executive certificates must possess a minimum of five (5) years or more years of work experience.
- Candidates for the Strategy and Leadership Certificate must possess three (3) years management experience.
- You must possess a bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. For priority admission and fellowship consideration, applications should be submitted by the priority deadlines.
All supporting documents should be sent to Claremont Graduate University at the following address:
CGU Office of Admissions
150 E. 10th Street
Claremont, CA 91711
University Application Requirements
The Claremont Graduate University online application is hosted online by Slate Technolutions via a secure web server. You will create a username and password so that you can return to continue your application over several sessions and check your status after submission. After you submit your application, it is made available for review by our faculty and staff.
The application fee is non-refundable.
Applicants must submit a sealed, official transcript from every undergraduate and graduate institution that has granted the applicant a degree. For undergraduate coursework, applicants are required to submit proof of a completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Unofficial copies of transcripts are accepted for review purposes, but official copies will be required upon admission.
Applicants currently earning a degree that will be completed prior to attending CGU are required to submit a transcript showing work in progress for evaluation purposes. Once the degree has been granted, a final official transcript documenting the degree conferred must be submitted to CGU.
International applicants are advised to review the International Transcript Guidelines for additional information on submitting international transcripts.
Applicants must submit a copy of their resume.
TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all applicants who meet all the following criteria:
- Whose native language is not English;
- Who are not citizens or permanent residents of countries where English is the sole official language of instruction, e.g., Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada (except Québec), England, Ghana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, New Zealand, Nigeria, Scotland, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad, Tobago, Uganda, and Wales (see the CGU Bulletin for a complete list of accepted countries); and
- Who do not hold an undergraduate or advanced degree, or will not have earned such a degree prior to enrolling at CGU, from an institution in the U.S. or in countries where English is the sole official language of instruction (see above).
CGU’s school code for the TOEFL exam is 4053.
Program-specific Application requirements
For your statement of purpose, provide a 1-2 page cover letter that presents:
1. Your professional goals and career aspirations
2. How the Drucker Executive Management Program supports those goals and aspirations
3. How you expect your participation in the Drucker Executive Management Program will contribute to the program in the short and long term
When filling out the online application, please enter references acquainted with your potential for success who will submit a written recommendation on your behalf. In most academic departments, references from faculty members who can speak to your academic ability are preferred; applicants with substantial work experience may request professional references. Please do not enter family members as references. For programs requiring two letters of recommendation, you are welcome to enter an optional third reference.
You will be required to input information for your recommenders (whether they are submitting online or not) in the “Recommendations” section of the online application. Please follow the directions in this section carefully before clicking on “Recommendation Provider List” to input the names and contact information for each recommender. You will have an opportunity to indicate if the reference writer will be submitting online. These reference writers will receive an email from CGU with instructions on submitting an online recommendation.
Recommenders who are indicated as offline will not receive an email from CGU with instructions to submit. These reference writers can submit via traditional mail and should use the supplemental New Student Recommendation Form. Recommenders can also email their letter of recommendation to the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After an initial review of your application to the program, you may be invited to interview with the program faculty.