Enhance Student Success through strong academic programs, expanded pedagogies, and meaningful learning outcomes and supportive processes and services that proactively address student needs.
- Ensure a great academic experience, with meaningful learning outcomes, including success in chosen fields and professions.
- Be leaders in student retention and engagement.
- Magnify CGU’s distinctive success-centered programs.
Expand Impact, Quality, and Visibility through research, scholarship, innovation, and creative work.
- Recognize, incentivize, and invest in areas of academic strength and mission while increasing visibility and brand awareness.
- Expand research and creative opportunities, grant activity, collaborations, and infrastructure.
- Facilitate innovation in developing high-quality programs.
Engage the Global Community with integrity to make the university more connected, responsive, and impactful.
- Seek academic partnerships locally, nationally, and globally to extend our impact through research, creative works, teaching, and community outreach.
- Earn recognition as a place where students and faculty provide and integrate diverse perspectives, cultures, and skills in the search for knowledge to address a rapidly changing and increasingly complex world.
- Instill in CGU graduates the confidence and capacity to apply transdisciplinary mindsets and approaches that impact local and global transformation.
Foster an Academic Community of Inclusive Excellence.
- Prioritize diversity planning and the implementation of initiatives that positively and measurably impact the campus community.
- Promote the recruitment, retention, success, and full participation of diverse faculty, staff, students, alumni, and trustees.
- Foster a sense of respect and just practice across the campus while promoting research, creative work, and community outreach that impact positive social change.
Build a Sustainable Learning Organization that is fiscally responsible in its commitment and delivery of lifelong learning, and that has a meaningful, lasting impact on the lives of students and employees, as well as the professions and global communities served.
- Grow and optimize student enrollment to achieve our goals.
- Strengthen and diversify our financial base in keeping with our mission.
- Prioritize the development of leadership, faculty, and staff capacity.
Implement a Bold Advancement Agenda that supports student success and access and enhances research and scholarly work through effective outreach that reinforces CGU’s institutional brand.
- Be clear about who we are and what we do at CGU: Tell our story.
- Identify and support key university priorities including research, student access and success, physical plant, partnerships, and alumni fund-raising.
- Deepen engagement with and cultivate loyalty among alumni and the wider CGU network – including students, faculty, staff, emeriti faculty, trustees, and friends.
The strategic plan was approved by the CGU Board of Trustees on March 6, 2020.