The Claremont Graduate Scholars Program is a combined bachelors to master’s program that offers you significant benefits in starting a graduate degree program while completing your undergraduate studies.
The unique relationship between Claremont Graduate University (CGU) and the five Claremont Colleges, Soka University, and SUNY Geneseo, allows students to earn graduate-level credit during their undergraduate studies. Jumpstart your master’s degree while completing your bachelor’s degree. Gain a competitive edge in the marketplace and increase your earning potential at no extra cost.
How the Program Works
- Apply Early to a Master’s Program: Apply for a master’s program through the Claremont Graduate Scholars Application—typically during your junior year—for a future semester.
- Register for Courses: Coordinate a course plan between you, CGU, and your undergraduate advisor.
- Receive Graduate Program Credit: Once admitted, you can earn up to 16 units of graduate-level credit before officially entering your desired graduate program. The number of transferable credits varies by program.
- Priority application review
- GMAT/GRE waived*
- $80 application fee waived
- Tuition deposit waived
- Maintain continuity with faculty and research facilities
- Receive a guaranteed tuition fellowship if admitted
- Be considered early for departmental fellowships
*Some programs still require an examination score with the application. Please fill out the form below to learn more.